Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day 2013 and still no baby

I just wanted to take a moment and express how grateful I am to have my dad. He is an incredible man whom I look up to! He has taught me important life lessons including how to change my own oil, the importance of work ethic and responsibility, and maybe a "little" road rage (though he probably isn't proud of that one). He is someone I know others look up to as well. When I tell someone that I am Dean's daughter, they always say, "Oh! I know Dean! He's a great guy. He helped me with so and so." He has always been willing to help me with my projects and ideas. I am so proud of him and the decision he made to make his life easier this year. I cannot believe how lucky I am to have such a great relationship with him. He is going to be the best grandpa!




And my amazing father-in-law! He is a great example to his family and a loving father. He definitely raised an incredible son!


And the future daddy-to-be. We can't wait!




Speaking of baby...

We thought we were going to have a baby here for Father's Day. Turns out we were wrong! Baby G decided she didn't want to be here yet. We are trying so hard to be patient, but it is tough. Kyle worked 12 hour days all last week and was disappointed that he never received a phone call. My mom took a week off of work because she was planning on helping me with Baby G. She got to clean my bathrooms instead! Not that I am super grateful for that, but I was hoping she would really be able to help me out with a baby.

People are constantly telling me Baby G is stubborn like her mama. I didn't think I was that stubborn, but apparently everyone else does! Talk about a wake-up call. I see what others really think of me now ;)

Anyway, we were hoping she would surprise us and give Kyle the best gift a father could receive. Clearly, that didn't happen. Now I'm just sitting here impatiently waiting. Hopefully my doctor will call me with some good news for an induction today! We had previously talked about it all happening tomorrow, possibly tonight (though I highly doubt that). Let's just all pray that she decides to make her appearance by the end of Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment